Portrait of a Graduate
During the 2021-2022 school year, Kauffman School students, staff, alumni and community stakeholders met in a working group to visit and revise our values. We are excited to share and launch our new student core values.
Student Core Values
The Kauffman School’s culture is defined not only by high academic expectations, but also by a set of beliefs shared by students and staff that serve as personal tools for current and future success. The entire Kauffman School community will strive to exhibit and recognize the Kauffman School’s student values.
- Ujima: Our team is only as strong as our support and care for one another. We look out for each other. We treat our community’s problems as our own problems.
- Self-respect: We are worthy. We are confident. We take care of and speak up for ourselves.
- Growth: We are all on a journey to maximize our potential. We acknowledge that progress, not perfection, is the goal. We celebrate the smallest of wins; we welcome mistakes as opportunities to learn and get better.
- Resilience: We are the authors of our destinies. We approach challenges with optimism and determination. When we fail, we get back up and try again.
- Passion: We put our hearts into what we do. We inspire others with our drive for excellence. We seek out and develop our interests.
- Courage: We are brave in the face of the unknown. We are vulnerable. We question actions inconsistent with our values.